The ACT Today! board provides funding assistance to families throughout the United States on a quarterly basis.
Click here for more information and to access the ACT Today! Grant Application Form:
|Quarter||Open Application Period||Families Will Be Notified By:|
|1st Quarter||January 1 – 31||March 20|
|2nd Quarter||April 1 – 30||June 20|
|3rd Quarter||July 1 – 31||September 20|
|4th Quarter||October 1 – 31||December 20|
About Our Grant Program
Grants will be allocated based on annual fundraising activities. The Board of Directors will determine the number and amounts of each grant at the beginning of each term. Requests for endowments or multi-year grants will not be accepted. Each application is kept in our system for two consecutive grant cycles after which the applicant must re-apply.
Once we determine how much we can give each quarter, we review the following items when considering approval of a grant request:
- Completion of grant application – The application must be completed in its entirety to be reviewed. Partially completed applications will be kept on file for one year and additional information may be submitted to make the application complete within that timeframe.
- Amount of grant request – Typical grants awarded range between $100 – $5,000.
- Household income – While we have not set an income level cap, incomes below $100,000 per year are reviewed first.
- Type of treatment requested – Our mission is to fund effective treatments, assessments and needed life supports.
- Numbers of family members with ASD diagnosis – Applications from families with multiple children with ASDs are reviewed first.
Should your grant be funded, you will be asked to complete two short questionnaires regarding your experiences as a result of the funding you received. We also encourage families to share photos and stories. Once approved for a grant, families have 12 months to use the funds. Applicant receiving a grant agrees to repay the grant if any services paid for with the grant are reimbursed by another funding source, such as, a school district or insurance company.
Grant Making Philosophy
ACT Today! grants are designed to provide access to individuals and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders. Grant payments will be made directly to pre-approved treatment providers, assessors or materials vendors.
To best maximize your chance of being funded, please be aware that we will not fund:
- Transportation requests (cars, car repair, transportation passes, air travel)
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Personal Needs (rent, utilities, family vacations)
Please click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions regarding the grant application and process.
ACT Today! SOS
ACT Today! SOS is a program dedicated to supporting the immediate and imperative needs of those impacted with autism. We recognize that some individuals diagnosed with autism who are in immediate personal danger or harm are unable to wait up to 12 weeks for a response to their request. The ACT Today! SOS Program is designed to provide immediate support for these families based upon need and the program funds available. Click here to learn more
ACT Today! has partnered with many national and local providers who participate in the ACT Today! grant programs. Click here to learn more.