ACT Today! SOS is a program dedicated to supporting the immediate and imperative needs of those impacted with autism. ACT Today! Grant Programs established in 2005 do provide access to vital and effective treatments for autism through our quarterly grant cycles. We recognize that some individuals diagnosed with autism who are in immediate personal danger or harm are unable to wait up to 12 weeks for a response to their request. The ACT Today! SOS Program is designed to provide immediate support for these families based upon need and the program funds available.
Applicant Criteria for the ACT Today! SOS Program
- Applicant must have an immediate need for treatment/support and if treatment is not found, the applicant’s physical safety is in jeopardy
- ACT Today! SOS Program will fund effective treatments and services to treat autism spectrum disorders and cannot fund living expenses, travel, utilities or clothing
- Income level of the applicant’s family must be below $45,000/year
- Applicant may not have received support from ACT Today! within the past 12 months of applying
ACT Today! SOS Program Application Process
- Email: SOSProgram@act-today.org
In your email, provide the following information*:
- Name, address and age of applicant
- Family Income as reported on the most recent tax forms
- List the support requested and provider of request
- Cost of the support requested (maximum $5,000)
- Up to a 200 word description of why the request is being made. Be sure to explain why your request requires immediate assistance and cannot wait for the next quarterly grant cycle.
- ACT Today! will respond to your email within 2 weeks of it being sent either requesting more information or stating whether or not your request will move to the formal application stage.
- Should your request move to the formal application stage, you will be emailed an ACT Today! application, which will need to be completed in full and mailed back to us.
- Once the application is received, a final decision and notification with regards to your request will be made within 2 weeks.
Disclaimer: Our ability to raise funds is the single most important activity that determines our grant-giving for the year. This program is an integral part of ACT Today! and the approval of ACT Today! SOS grants is based upon board review.